Sometimes a unique set of circumstances can disrupt how even the healthiest of families operate. At ICFT, we are here to help support you in these situations. To be clear, we do not just get everyone into the room to hash it out. Nor do we endorse group interventions or confrontations. Rather, our approach is research based and the plan is always developed collaboratively with you. Sometimes we end up meeting with the entire family. Other times we never meet as a whole group, but support key members of the family.
Every therapist at ICFT has an advanced degree in family therapy and is specifically trained to work with families in special situations. Below are some examples
Often families are:
- Working at blending families
- Managing extended family relationships
- Navigating the complexities of being multiracial families
- Re-examining their beliefs regarding LGBTQIA
Others are facing issues like:
- Caring and Planning for Aging Parents
- Suffering through a tragedy
- Coping with chronic physical or mental illness
- Coping with substance use
- Preparing for the death of a loved one
- Navigating Family Businesses
Contact us to discuss your situation and allow us to begin developing a plan with you that is tailored to your family needs.