ICFT offers this service to help couples improve their basic relational skills for building a healthy foundation for their life together.
As part of our commitment to helping establish healthy relationships, we offer this service at a discounted rate. Sessions are typically scheduled every 2-3 weeks and sometimes these sessions are scheduled as a group. Between sessions there are assignments aimed at improving the couple's relationship.
Whether preparing for marriage or navigating their first years together, couples report these sessions are helpful in:
- Keeping their focus on their marriage and not just their wedding
- Increasing self-awareness and understanding of each other
- Increasing capacity to discuss relationship topics
- Gaining insight and skills to address issues that may be of concern
Some topics covered include:
- Beliefs and values
- Communication, intimacy, and sex
- Self-awareness and boundaries
- Career, household, and finances