We understand that the current state of your relationship is not what you were aiming for when you got married. If you find yourself in a relationship that may be ending, please consider discernment counseling first.
This short-term process mainly involves one to one conversation between the therapist and each partner. The goal of discernment counseling is not to solve relationship problems, but to provide you with:
- More clarity about what happened in your marriage and the part each of you played in the strengths and the struggles
- More confidence in your decision about your marriage
- A game plan for change if you decide to work on your relationship
- Insight to help you in future relationships if you choose to end your current relationship
- Help in being better co-parents if you have children
40% of divorced people have regrets about their divorce decision; often because they feel they (and their partner) did not try hard enough to make the marriage work. In this brief counseling service, you will be supported, honored for where you are, and asked to look at what you would need to change in yourself to have a healthy relationship.
Couples who go through Discernment Counseling often come out the other end more confident about their next steps, whether to make one last all-out effort in couples therapy, or to move forward with ending their marriage.